Cal-Tints are the industry standard UTC or Universal Tinting Colorant. These products are found in just about every professional painters van, and were originally developed so finishers and painters didn’t have to carry 2 sets of colorants (one for water-based and another for oil-based). They have the widest compatibility of any paste colorant we sell. Can be added to all water-based products, oil based products, shellac and solvent lacquers. Maximum level is 4 oz. Colorant per gallon, but it’s always wise to test. If you need to add more colorant than 4 oz, we recommend ViviTone Colorants which are product specific. All Cal-Tints are interior/exterior rated and come in a well designed 16 oz. dispenser. Sold individually or in starter set of 12 with wire rack as shown.
Best uses for these colors are:
- Color all waterbased and oil-based finishes, stains and paints
- Make custom colored stains (mix with boiled linseed oil or a stain base)
- Make custom glazes
- Tweak existing pigment stains (make darker, redder, etc)
- Tint White paints and stain bases to pastel shades
- Mix with shellac for a fast drying paint
Now available for on-line purchase on our eBay store here
Get all 12 Cal-Tint Colors at a discounted rate and a free wire rack!
RAW SIENNA/YELLOW OXIDE
EXTERIOR MEDIUM YELLOW
EXTERIOR LIGHT YELLOW
SIZES AVAILABLE 16 OZ VOLUME FILL